ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Within the framework of the exhibition Livestock Development in Vietnam from Artists’ and Farmers’ Perspectives, an art competition is being launched to raise public awareness on the important role of livestock in the livelihoods, health and culture of Vietnamese people. This is especially pertinent given how the domestic livestock sector and smallholder livestock keepers are being heavily affected by African swine fever and the COVID-19 pandemic.
You may submit artwork on any theme as long as it
- is in form of photographs, sketches or paintings
- is related to livestock in Vietnam
- contains no nudity, sexuality, violence, skulls or political messages
- contains no words or written messages (unless they are part of the subject being painted or taken)
- is accompanied by a separate description (maximum 200 words with a title of the artwork)
- is submitted from this link
The competition organisers reserve the right to remove any entries that do not stay within the competition requirements.
Each participant can submit a maximum of two pieces of art. Participants should be Vietnamese and must not be professional artists or photographers. Farmers, veterinary officers and extension staff involved in the project in Son La Province are particularly encouraged to join.
The competition and submitted artwork will be promoted on the Facebook pages of the International Livestock Research Institute Vietnam and the Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT.
You may vote for as many pieces of art as you like.
The competition will be awarding the following prizes:
- 1st place: USD 100 + Li-chăn catalogue + Li-chăn T-shirt + your artwork printed and framed
- 2nd place (2 prizes) : USD 70 + Li-chăn catalogue + your artwork printed and framed
- 3rd place (3 prizes) : USD 50 + Li-chăn T-shirt + your artwork printed and framed
Submissions and voting begins 15 September 2021
Submissions and voting ends 5 October 2021
Prizes announced 12 October 2021
Don't forget to promote and HAVE FUN!!!!